My blog’s first award!
How cool is this? I mean, I honestly thought that only my friends and my family read my blog. But… another blogger has read my blog and taken the time to share the love! I am pumped to be blogging and to talk about my experiences and having other bloggers read my blog is awesome!
Curious to know what exactly the Liebster Award is?
Well, the Liebster Award exists only on the internet and is given to new bloggers by other bloggers. “Liebster” is a German word that translates into sweetest. So being nominated is bound to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Upon acceptance, you must pass this award along with new questions to other (new) bloggers so the love will continue to spread.
I was recently nominated by Anna of Filipokie. She also works a day job and likes to look for those great travel deals. Check out her blog for some very cool vacations (like her trip to Havana – bucket list!).
- What was your first travel destination?
My first real travel destination (without my parents as a kid) was Monterrey, Mexico. I went when I was 14 with a group from a college that my church was part of. It was incredible!
- What’s the scariest or most extreme thing you’ve ever done?
Can I just say my entire trek to Machu Picchu? Mountain biking down almost 2,000 meters, rafting in class 3 rapids, ziplining through the Andes mountains, hiking up cliffs, all the most dangerous things I’ve done.
- What/Who inspires you to travel the world?
I’m always inspired by the people I meet. When I first traveled, I was immediately struck by the fact that people are so kind and loving in all different places all over the world. I love that about travel and it inspires me to see new places. The great views and sunsets are pretty cool too.
- If you can be anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
If I could be anywhere, I’d be in Australia or Antarctica. They are my last two continents and I am determined to visit them!
- What is the best memory you have had while traveling?
My favorite memory while traveling is kind of an odd one. One of my favorite memories while traveling was in China. I was able to go to China for a whole month one summer which was awesome. When I first got there, I learned the hard way about how things work. We got lost, I lost a train ticket and caused us to be a day late, we booked the wrong train, got stuck in Shanghai, the list goes on. The whole first week I was there though, I looked forward to seeing the Great Wall. I’ll never forget the moment I finally stood on the wall. It was the greatest feeling because I had gone through so much that week and it felt like I was a part of history. What a great memory to have when traveling! I now search for the feeling every time I travel.
- What was the last country you’ve visited?
The last country I visited was France! I just got back and it was incredible. I’ll be writing about it on my blog soon! 🙂
- If you could take anyone with you on your travels, who would it be?
Well, first off my boyfriend and I travel well together so him. Secondly, my friend Elizabeth and I travel well together. But if I could take a celebrity? This might sound silly, but you know who takes great vacations? Shay Mitchell. Could definitely be down with the vacations she goes on.
- Top 3 favorite places you’ve been?
- What is the most amazing thing you’ve seen while traveling?
The most amazing thing I have seen while traveling are the incredible sunsets and sunrises. I feel like it is so easy to miss those things when we are home. It’s like the “stop and smell the roses” effect right? I love that about traveling. There are some amazing sunsets around the world.
- How did traveling change your life?
Traveling has changed my life in so many ways. I feel like I’m a more confident, empathetic, and understanding person because of it. I’m less afraid of change. I’m less afraid to be myself. I’m more likely to try new things and be open to different types of food. I’m happier because of it.
- What piece of advice would you give to a younger version of yourself?
I’d tell myself not to worry about what people think so much. A lot of what I did when I was younger was following the flow of how I thought things were supposed to go. Now I am myself and going with what I feel is right, and that is a way better decision!
Now I’d like to nominate the following bloggers for the award:
Lea is a cool blogger who writes about being vegan while traveling. She often shares poetry and musings on travel too. Very cool!
Ariana is a service oriented traveler focused on creating social impact. Very cool concept – check her out!
Rhiannon takes gorgeous photos and is always giving great advice to travelers.
Julia and Ceci have an awesome travel blog where they give info about travel , but also music recommendations and ideas. Listening to some of their lists soon!
She has some great YouTube videos and has been to so many countries!
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES ARE:
- Where was the last place you traveled to?
- What’s the weirdest thing you have experienced whilst travelling so far?
- If I handed you an open plane ticket, where would you go?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Are you a planner or a spontaneous traveler?
- What would be your number one piece of advice be for first time travelers?
- What would your ideal job be?
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
- Which post of yours is your absolute favorite and why? (Share it here!)
- Advice to other bloggers?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What do you do apart from blogging?
Thanks again Filipokie!!! Don’t forget to check out these other awesome blogs too!